Introduction to Python and its features
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Its high-level built in data structures, combined with dynamic typing and
dynamic binding, make it very attractive for Rapid Application Development, as well as for use as a scripting or glue language to connect existing components together.
Beginner’s Guide to Python can be found here
Python is one of the languages that is witnessing incredible growth and popularity year by year. In 2017, Stackoverflow calculated that python would beat all other programming
languages by 2020 as it has become the fastest-growing programming language in the world.
Why is Python so Popular?
- Easy to Learn and Use
- Python language is incredibly easy to use and learn for new beginners and newcomers. The python language is one of the most accessible programming languages available because
it has simplified syntax and not complicated, which gives more emphasis on natural language. Due to its ease of learning and usage, python codes can be easily written and
executed much faster than other programming languages.
- Python Has Amazing Libraries
- When you’re working on bigger projects, libraries can really help you save time and cut down on the initial development cycle. Python has an excellent selection of libraries,
from NumPy and SciPy for scientific computing to Django for web development.There are even a few libraries with a more specific focus, like scikit-learn for machine learning
applications and nltk for natural language processing.
- Python Has Big Data
- The use of big data and cloud computing solutions in the enterprise world has also helped skyrocket Python to success. It is one of the most popular languages used in data
science, second only to R. It’s also being used for machine learning and AI systems and various modern technologies.
- First-choice Language
- Python language is the first choice for many programmers and students due to the main reason for python being in high demand in the development market. Students and developers
always look forward to learning a language that is in high demand. Python is undoubtedly the hottest cake in the market now.
- The Flexibility of Python Language
- The python language is so flexible that it gives the developer the chance to try something new. The person who is an expert in python language is not just limited to build
similar kinds of things but can also go on to try to make something different than before.
- Python Has Some Great Corporate Sponsors
- Google adopted python language way back in 2006 and have used it for many applications and platforms since then. Lots of Institutional effort and money have been devoted to
the training and success of the python language by Google. They have even created a dedicated portal only for python.